A company is as excellent as the employees who work there. Yes, this is a fact and holds in almost all cases. Here we look at the largest companies in the world according to the number of employees who work in them. The list includes both private and state companies. When we think about the largest companies in the world according to the number of employees, the US, China, and the UK are at the top of the table. They have the highest number of employees in all the sectors, including retail, manufacturing, health, military, and others.
Here we look at the largest companies in the world according to the number of employees who work there.
Largest Companies In The World In 2019
· The US Department of Defense leads the table with a whopping number of 3.2 million employees working for them. The department of Defense comes under the authority of the US Govt. They not only supervise and work on all the functions related to security but also look after armed forces. They are, by far, the largest employer in the world. The list of employees includes guardsmen, soldiers, and even civilians from all the four services. Not only they have the most number of employees, but they also have the most significant military budget in the world.
And along with this, they have all the latest types of equipment which proves technological advancement.
· The People’s Liberation Army comes second on the list with an astonishing number of 2.3 million employees under them. It’s the biggest company in China according to the number of employees. It consists of different branches that perform different kinds of services. And this includes the rocket force, the ground force, the air force, navy, and also the strategic power. They have 2.3 million employees with them, which is equal to about 0.18% of the total population of the country. They are also one of the fastest-growing organizations in recent times. And with the advancement in technology, the need for employees is rising further.
Who Are The Other Three?
· Retail giant Walmart is third on this list. The fortune 500 company which is from America has several departmental stores and hypermarkets around the globe. It functions primarily in the US, Asia, and European countries. It has a revenue of over 100$ billion in the industry which makes them the largest non-government company. Also, it has a team of 2.1 million employees working for them.
· McDonald’s is the fourth-largest company in the world when it comes to the number of employees. The largest food chain company has 1.7 employees working for it around the world. They serve more than 69 million customers and have functions in over a hundred countries.
· The CNPC is the fifth-largest company of the world in terms of the number of employees. The China National Petroleum Corporation has around 1.7 million employees working for them. They work in several sectors and are quite successful. China thus comes on top when it comes to the number of employees.